Your Partner in Fashion
Ethical, Sustainable & Eco-friendly Production
If you’re searching for a supplier to produce your swimwear in a sustainable ethical and eco-friendly manner, then you’ve come to the right place!
Swimwear Bali’s objective is to be there for you, assisting brands to trade in a fair & an ethical manner in the most sustainable & environmentally friendly way possible. Add to that, as we are Bali’s only Tax-Free company means we provide brands with a premium quality at the lowest price possible. Bottom line, you are in this to make a profit & we aim to assist with that.
When it comes to quality we are constantly improving on each & every step of the supply chain, incorporating the latest technology, fabrics & accessories as they become available. Fashion never sits still, nor do we. From your first order to each & every subsequent order, we are there with you as your partners in fashion, pushing the boundaries of quality & design, seeing your collections evolving constantly to the highest standard possible.
From our conception in 1991 we organized our factory facilities to produce clothing in the most ethical & environmentally friendly way possible. Steve Martin, the joint owner originally developed the brand Hippi Chic London, producing 70’s inspired clothing made solely from recycled fabrics, in Bali. He marketed his clothing brand to independents & high street chains from London to Tokyo. Stores such as Harrods, ASOS, Marks & Spencers, to name a few stocked his lines for many years. Since then, Steve extended his production opera on to include other brands who were also seeking a more sustainable solution to their fashion apparel production.
Swimwear Bali endeavours to achieve as near as possible a zero-carbon footprint. Offcuts are donated to a local female charity groups, who re-works them into mats, dolls toys & the like. With every order we allocate some of the proceeds to Bali Streets Mums, a charity devoted to the welfare & education of women & children in Bali, who scavenge their living from rubbish dumps. They provide clothing & education & do all possible to help set up the mums to become more independent supporting themselves & their children in a much healthier cleaner environment. The situation right now is more complex with COVID with many more children requiring assistance. Click here to support.
Sustainability, Recycled fabrics, Eco Friendly products
We are the leading importer of recycled fabrics in Bali to the export of Swimwear & Activewear. We offer you the best options as well as incorporate the lowest prices when costing your designs. We offer a huge inventory of fabrics, mostly recycled such as the following :
- Carvico Vita & Renew Bubble from Italy. The yarns used in the production of these fabrics were first engineered by the world-famous surfer, Kelly Slater who came up with the concept of collecting discarded fishing nets, amongst other reclaimed nylon waist, to be turned into reclaimed yarns by ECONYL in Italy who then resell onto Carvico to produce some of their fabrics. These fabrics are offered as plain & to be dyed via sublimation.
- REPREVE™, an American fabric produced from post-consumer waste, such as household carpets & so on. These fabrics are offered in plain matte & shiny colors or to be printed digitally.
REPREVE, we sell under license to such brands as Victoria’s Secret, Carbon 38 & PE Nation. All offer some or all of the following attributes. Body enhancing shape retention, UV & Chlorine resistance, perfect compression & moisture wicking. All come in a super soft hand feel.
We offer a free 100% biodegradable bag made from Cassava starch that decomposes in one day in contact with water or discarded into any land fill etc. We can also make up any number of cotton or recycled synthetic drawstring bags with your logo printed on one side.
- Employees are paid well over the minimum wage, & one extra month’s salary per year (13 in total)
- Every employee is eligible for free medical insurance covering doctors’ fees, prescribed medication & hospitalization. We also extend this to their spouse & up to three children.
- Every employee is provided with a freshly cooked healthy meal for lunch every day.
- Every morning each employee is provided with a glass of fresh juice with Vitamin C, D, B & E added.
- Should overtime work become available each employee has the right to refuse or accept as they see fit & is never enforced.
We pay double wages for the first 1.5 hours & triple for the second 1.5 hours.
Our facility is fully air conditioned & on par with any western establishment.
In 2007 the Indonesia Government granted Swimwear Bali a tax-free status on the import of fabrics to the export of clothing, as such making our facilities a Tax-Free bonded zone, the only company in Bali to be awarded such. Why are we the only company in Bali to hold this is the most asked question we receive. Answers simple. No other Bali Swim manufacturer pays the medical insurance or complies to the manpower regulations as we do. We carry all the certification required for waste disposal, sanitation, medical insurance & manpower.
- Other producers also import fabrics, but must add 35% tax & duty costs to your invoice when calculating your prices. This equates to their local Bali Swim fabric costing the same as our imported premium grade ones.
“By collecting the fishing nets that are used to produce ECONYL® regenerated nylon products, we lessen our environmental impact while also cleaning up the oceans we love so much”
Fashion-forward brands and designers use ECONYL® regenerated nylon to create beautiful products that also drive the industry towards a sustainable future. ECONYL® regenerated nylon performs exactly the same as brand new nylon but gives you a sustainable edge, turning trash into treasure. ECONYL® regenerated nylon opens up endless possibilities for those who make & wear apparel.
ECONYL® Regenerated Nylon is the leading, most trusted, branded performance fiber made recycled fishing nets & other post-consumer materials.
‘Ghost Fishing’ is what is referred to when fishing gear has been lost, dumped or abandoned, catching & killing fish & sea mammals.
Whether nets, long lines or fish traps, once discarded they catch fish & marine organisms that die & on turn attract other marine life, which then get caught, creating a vicious circle.
Nylon, being virtually indestructible once discarded, some estimate could entangle fish for up to 5,000 years.
It’s estimated that over a million mammals are killed every year in these way Inc. dolphins, whales, sea lions & the like.
REPREVE™ transform recycled Nylon & Plastic bottles into amazing fibers, used by the world’s leading brands to make premium quality Swim & Activewear. The process embeds properties like moisture wicking, compression, adaptive warming and cooling as well as water repellent.